Due to its ability to withstand harsh environment conditions, PTFE gaskets are often used within industries that require resistance to aggressive chemicals, including:
Gasket Resources Inc. manufactures several different types of PTFE materials to accommodate the diverse sealing applications seen in these industries and more.
All of the following Durlon® PTFE sheet products are available in full sheets or as cut gaskets:
- Durlon® 9000/9000N – Inorganic fillers homogeneously blended with pure PTFE resins. Durlon® 9000 and 9000N are designed for applications where resistance to highly aggressive chemicals is required. Available in unpigmented white as style 9000N. Both styles 9000 and 9000N, (including branding) conform to FDA requirements.
- Durlon® 9002 – Designed to meet extreme cryogenic system demands.
- Durlon® 9200W – Barium sulfate fillers homogeneously blended with pure PTFE resins designed for use in aggressive chemicals. Including caustics, hydrogen peroxide, sodium hypochlorite, nitric acid, liquors, and digester in pulp and paper service. Durlon® 9200W is also used for hydrofluoric acid service at moderate concentrations and temperatures, or where a barium sulfate-filled PTFE gasket material is specified.
- Durlon® 9400 – Carbon fillers homogeneously blended with pure PTFE resins. Durlon® 9400 is designed for piping and equipment within the chemical, pharmaceutical, food, and other general industries, where resistance to highly aggressive chemicals (including hydrofluoric acid) is required. Style 9400 conforms to FDA requirements.
- Durlon® 9600 Expanded PTFE – Durlon® 9600 is made with only pure PTFE resins. It is suitable for use in steel flanges as well as flanges where a highly compressible gasket is required. Durlon® 9600 is also suitable for sealing flanges with irregular surfaces. It will not exhibit the cold flow problems associated with virgin PTFE or the hardness problems of some other filled PTFE products.
Gasket Resources Inc. provides timely and accurate factory fabricated cut gaskets, welded gaskets, and sheet products available for a variety of industries.
With the exception of Durlon® 9600, our filled PTFE gasket materials can also be welded to provide a reliable, one-piece constructed gaskets exceeding 60 inches in diameter. By welding the gaskets, Gasket Resources Inc. eliminates the typical need for dovetails and associated leak paths that are common in sectioned, large diameter gaskets.
Often found in sulfuric acid plants, Durlon® 9000 Step Ring Gaskets are capable of withstanding the thermal cycling and aggressive chemical corrosion, making them the ideal gasket solution. Gasket Resources Inc. improved the step ring gasket from its original “glued” design by utilizing a CNC machine to cut one solid piece to prevent the possibility of gasket separation.
To learn more about products offered at Gasket Resources Inc., download a free copy of our products catalog.