Durlon® compressed gaskets are advanced in both quality and performance. The compressed sheets are made from unique ingredients and advanced proprietary manufacturing processes. They are high-density products containing the most homogenous combination of minerals, synthetic fibers, and elastomers available.
Durlon® compressed sheets are manufactured to the highest quality standards. They are designed to be easy on tooling, with cuts—whether high speed or hand-cut—made easily and cleanly. Their superior consistency and exacting tolerances make them ideal for a variety of applications.
These compressed sheets possess excellent flexibility and recovery that prevent the material from breaking during cutting and installation; this also guarantees a tight seal during thermal cycling. All Durlon® compressed gasket materials have passed the MIL-G-24696B Navy Adhesion Test and are easy to install and remove.
Compressed Sheet Gaskets
Durlon® produces two subcategories of compressed sheet gaskets: economy and premium. Gaskets that are made from economy compressed sheet are used for general purposes. Economy compressed sheets are designed to provide superior sealability, bolt torque retention, and temperature resistance for service ranges and applications that are not severe.
Durlon® 5000 is a commercial grade gasket sheet made of high strength mineral fibers and NBR. It is designed for moderate service conditions and is suitable for a continuous operating temperature of 450°F (232°C) with good chemical resistance for moderate service conditions suitable for oil, water, mild alkalis, mild acids, hydrocarbons and solvents.
The Durlon® 7900 series is comprised of the Durlon® 7900, the Durlon® 7925, and the Durlon® 7950, made from aramid and a NBR general-purpose material. The economy compressed sheets are proven to significantly lower emission levels. Each material in the Durlon® 7900 series is color-coded for easy identification; all full-sized economy compressed sheets are date coded and quality assurance traceable.
The Durlon® 7910, which was specially developed to meet the requirement of NSF/ANSI 61 for potable water applications. It contains high strength mineral fibers bonded with nitrile (NBR) synthetic rubber.
Premium compressed gasket sheets are designed for a wide range of more severe applications. Several premium sheets are available to match more specific applications.
- Durlon® 8300 provides excellent sealability during thermal cycling and is designed to handle elevated pressure and temperatures
- Durlon® 8400 is designed for high pH applications
- Durlon® 8500 exhibits excellent sealability in applications involving steam, hydrocarbon, and new generation refrigerants
- Durlon® 8600 is designed for applications involving steam, condensate, and dilute acids
- Durlon® 8700 is a premium neoprene gasket designed for superior sealability for refrigerants, oils, and fuels
- Durlon® 8900 contains high strength fibers and graphite fillers bonded with high performance nitrile (NBR) synthetic rubber specially developed to withstand extreme temperature or pressure applications, such as saturated and superheated steam
At Gasket Resources Inc. (GRI®), we focus on creating high quality economical gasket solutions to provide our customers with innovative fluid sealing products. To learn more about our compressed sheet gaskets, or about any of our other products, contact us today.